• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member Been Interesting in Ownership for some time now

TheShaman

Just wanted to start off on the right foot with a first post. I have been a long time fan of Military Vehicles and have seriously been looking at 5 Tons, Deuce and a Half. My buddy just purchased his first UniMog and it will be in later this week. I had been on the active hunt for a [FONT=&quot]M923A1, M35A2, AM General ( 80's + era) [/FONT]the past several years, for all around usage as well as part of a truck that can make it to a special camping spot.... that I have been going to for about 20 years now. I had one or two lined up a year or so ago, but one ended up having a bad master cylinder and the other one got away from me. It has been kind of a personal dream to acquire one and enjoy it to the fullest. I have seen fluctuations in prices and unfortunately, many of the ones I do locate are all the way across the country. Being in Louisiana these days... its not a bad idea to have something of this caliber put back for those rainy days; no pun intended. Last fall was a bit much for most and even saw a couple Active US GOV Trucks get swallowed up, while attempting to assist others. Overall, just looking for something to have fun with and take out to a special camp site that brings me great peace.

I was shown this website and it looked like the perfect place to plant myself going forward.

Thanks for letting me be apart of it.

71DeuceAK

Welcome to Steel Soldiers, good luck in your search! I, too, am hopefully acquiring an M923 by year's end to enjoy to the fullest and, frankly, if I can, daily drive.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look....
You shall find.......
And you shall buy.......
and then it is all downhill from there :)

Start reading this site is more entertainment then an USO show.

Socommfg

I have a AMG m923 with the Cummings and Allison auto Trans. Vehicle is in Very good condition. $7500

ernie
Socom mfg
800-648-7687
North Augusta SC

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome Theshaman from Cape Cod, MA. Good luck on your truck search. Read up on the Tech manuals (TM's) on here ahead of time and you will be miles ahead of the required maintenance needed on these trucks. Take your time and the right truck will show up at just the right time, just like mine did!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness!!

I'm about an hour north of you with a bunch of different trucks and parts. You're welcome to visit and check out the different versions in person. I just sold my extra M923, but do have a M923A2 available. Also have some M931s and M105 trailers if you want to bob one like Hank's Deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks