• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan Clutch Seals, Friction Lining

Jon0249

Ok, my apologies if this is a completely repetitive ask, as I see tons of Fan Clutch posts and don't really want to sift through the mountain of info to get the nugget I'm looking for.

Looking for an affordable source for friction lining, seals and O-rings to rebuild my fan clutch. Best I've found is ~$90 from Kascar for a rebuild kit. Friction lining is available elsewhere for ~$30, so I'm thinking the seals can be had for less than $60. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jon

NormB

Jon, you ever have any luck finding the kit/lining?

I have one I’m thinking about rebuilding. There used to be a kit available. I’ve poked around here and online with the original mfr looking for a kit, haven’t called yet.

I’ll need bearings AND seals to do it right, I think, maybe linings.

Norm

Jon0249

Never did, Norm. A complete fan clutch came up on ePay when I was looking, and given the decent price, I just went that route. I have my old one still, so when I ever need it, I'll be back looking for the seal. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks