• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Hmmwv owners in houston? Mechanic recommendations?

Apex02

Just joined the forum and earlier today won an auction for a running m998a1 out of South Carolina so I'm super pumped and can't wait to get this truck. Any other owners in the houston area? Any houston area mechanic recommendations?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, there are a few of us. Welcome Apex, hope you enjoy your truck. Lots of technical assistance here. Nobody in Houston to recommend to fix your truck. My suggestion is learn to fix it yourself. It is simple.

Txcarnut

Welcome to the site. I have had my HMMWV for coming up on a year and it has been an enjoyable experience getting to know my new toy. I am not aware of any mechanics here in Houston but like NTD said they are fairly easy to work on. You will need to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge posted on this site and get familar with using the TM's. They are a great resource for finding part numbers and information needed to perform repairs. Good luck with your project.

jake-cutter

I am in League City south of Houston. I have done almost everything myself, but now that its time for the engine swap I have been looking for a mechanic with no luck. Most everything else is easy, just time and the right tools and an extra set of hands every now and then.

richingalveston

I don't know of any shops specific to Humvees. Gass auto did all my diesel work before on duramax. they have changed some people out so I don't know what they are capable of anymore, but my be worth stopping by. They do big truck work and small car work.

I have a cherry picker and a very nice overhead a frame hoist. I might loan it to you if you decide to do the work yourself. If I have the time, I would help but until my truck is on the road, I got plenty of work to do.

Rich. I am just south of you directly behind the Bucee's on I45. I have never worked on a hummer, just cucv's

comanderfritz

I have one on galveston island that I've owned for a month So far I've been able to fix everything myself. But would be good to have a plan B if something goes very wrong at some point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dlhickey86

Hello guys, new to the board here and located south of Houston in Friendswood. Any Houston locals here that have done a Red Dot install? Did you do it yourself or able to recommend a shop for reasonable price?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello guys, new to the board here and located south of Houston in Friendswood. Any Houston locals here that have done a Red Dot install? Did you do it yourself or able to recommend a shop for reasonable price?
Custom Car Cool on Hempstead Hwy specializes in this kind of thing. Install all the big stuff yourself and let them vac and charge it.

m715mike

hi, can you recommend a humvee mechanic? mine doesnt start
These guys were recommended by someone I know:

Their shop is in Magnolia. I have not done business with them and don’t have personal experience to offer.

lixonn

These guys were recommended by someone I know:

Their shop is in Magnolia. I have not done business with them and don’t have personal experience to offer.
Thanks. Im familiar with this shop but its a bit pricey at $150 an hour

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks