• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filter or Centrifuge

MRDunlap

Im looking to get a M35A2 in the future and would like to run some waste oil. I can get some at work but its a catch all tank for oil, desiel, gas, trans fluid, gear oil, some water and coolant.
Im trying to decide on what way to go. i only plan to skim 25-50 gal of the top of the tank. Would filtering down to 1 micron be enough or should i just get a gravity centrifuge? Im looking for the most affordable option but dont wanta be causeing any engine or injector problems. Thanks

MRDunlap

A second note, anybody have any luck with the presure driven centrifuge from PA biodiesel? They have a lower set up cost, as long as they work

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The fuge is a larger up-front investment but the longer you use it the cheaper it gets. Just make sure you don't get one with too small of a bowl, or you will be cleaning it all the time!

jamestiede

Im looking to get a M35A2 in the future and would like to run some waste oil. I can get some at work but its a catch all tank for oil, desiel, gas, trans fluid, gear oil, some water and coolant.
Im trying to decide on what way to go. i only plan to skim 25-50 gal of the top of the tank. Would filtering down to 1 micron be enough or should i just get a gravity centrifuge? Im looking for the most affordable option but dont wanta be causeing any engine or injector problems. Thanks
Been doing this for 5 years now. Centrifuge is the only way to go. Filters are VERY messy and very stinky.... Also pick up a metering pulse pump. BSeries320x245px1.jpg Max 1 gallon per hour. Also pick up a inline heater to preheat the oil just before going into the centrifuge. boltonheater.jpgCentrifuge will clean oil down to about 1 micron. I clean about 250 gallons of oil before cleaning. The centrifuge I bought was from this guy. mike.jpgThere's another like it copied from this guy. In fact this guy updated the bowl and it fits the other guys centrifuge. I have a video if I you want I will send it to you.

Beyond Biodiesel

I first settle my waste oil blends for a month, then I am careful to separate the thin settled blend from the sediments on the bottom, then I use both filters and a PA biodiesel centrifuge. I have been running the same engine on waste oil blends for over 10 years.