• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flow rates when filtering

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick question. How do you adjust or determine flow rates when using a gravity flow centrifuge? Is there a certain orifice you use, or do you just use a valve and just guesstimate?

Mt_Man

I bought a cup measure from a dollar store and made it so I could take off the clean out-flow hose. I used camlock fittings. Then I just measure how much comes out in a minute. If you have a faster flow rate than measuring cup can hold. You could do 30 seconds. I use a ball valve to adjust the flow into the centrifuge. I also put a low spot in the inlet hose so I could drain water out with another ball valve. The guy I bought the centrifuge system from had a chart he had calculated the different gallons per hour to cups per minute. I will grab some pictures of the chart in a few days and post them up if you would like.

Hope this helps, cheers