• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible road trip to Tennessee, Won M4KN 4K Forklift

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even longer at 10-15. Could one of these be pulled at 30-35?

Nice FT Phil! I've wanted and needed one of those fork-trucks for a long time. I'm entirely in sand so anything less sinks. I have 2 trailers of machinery that need unloaded, sinking into the ground.

It looks really nice condition...and now your tires do too!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Nice FT Phil! I've wanted and needed one of those fork-trucks for a long time. I'm entirely in sand so anything less sinks. I have 2 trailers of machinery that need unloaded, sinking into the ground.

Yes. They do well at 30 to 35 on smooth roads with a heavy truck like a 5ton. At about 40 they will drag my 5 ton around though if they sway. The towing manual says 35 is max.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Stonepicker1

Back in the early 90's, we had a Military unit in Miami that towed an M4K behind a M1028 CUCV on the turnpike. They went a little to fast and the flipped the forklift.

We had to replace the hole front lift carriage and fenders on that one. It was a great forklift. Took it to Iraq and back in 2003-2004.

They tow ok, but with the weight pushing behind you. You won't stop on a dime. I had a car jump in front of me one time and I had to lock the brakes up fast. Pucker factor for sure. I will only trailer them now.

I did picture this ideal as I was driving...what if I broke down and had to get it off the highway to the next exit........wait for it..........Forklift towing my Dually and Trailer with a med tow-bar.

The things you think about when driving a CUCV with the windows down and sweating non stop .

Stonepicker1

Good find on the fork lift and motor. Does look like you had a good azz down load.
I had the forklift sitting back over the trailer axles when I started. Had to make a sharp U-turn in a small parking lot. That is were I think I may of damage the sidewall of the rear tire.

I moved the forklift forward to take the weight off the trailer tires(I know, I should of had a spare) With the added weight on the old Dually tires.....well, we know what happened then.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Thanks,
Truck is happy now with the new tires on the back. Going to have to replace the front also.

Forklift tires are like new. Only main problem with the forklift is the forward and reverse cable is almost broke into. The city in TN said Case doesn't carry that item anymore and is the main reason they sold it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks,
Truck is happy now with the new tires on the back. Going to have to replace the front also.

Forklift tires are like new. Only main problem with the forklift is the forward and reverse cable is almost broke into. The city in TN said Case doesn't carry that item anymore and is the main reason they sold it.
I may know where a few of them are. I will make a phone calls.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Stonepicker1

Just an update:
Looks like I have the 4K RT Forklift(seebee's)

Issue:
The Main lift cylinder(stage one) will not lower. Forks are stuck at around 51".

Just ordered the two shift cables for $225 shipped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks