• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Frame Extensions?

Mos68x

Has anyone else ever extended the 934 chassis to the 927 length in the rear? I'm curious where I'd get said extensions, or if I would have to make them myself. CSM Davis and I had discussed this a tad bit when I first got the 927 bed from him, but the inability to tow anything is getting irritating. I don't mind making a long neck trailer for my needs but the bed and subsequent ISO frame will still limit articulation between the truck and trailer. Besides that, until I leave to go on my grand adventure I will still have to pull my water trailer into town to fill up since it is too cost prohibitive for me to have my own well drilled.

Mos68x

So you have bits of rear frame laying around then? Do you guys have also happen to have a rolling chassis, or at least a chassis with the rear tandem still attached?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is best to add 36 to 48 inches to the rear. It allows you to sit the bed further away from the cab. In your case of desolate you could find a dual spare tire carrier off an M820 so you have extra spares plus you could also add one under the frame in the rear. I have done 48in add ones and added 500gal hydraulic tanks between the bed and cab

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

Has anyone else ever extended the 934 chassis to the 927 length in the rear? I'm curious where I'd get said extensions, or if I would have to make them myself. CSM Davis and I had discussed this a tad bit when I first got the 927 bed from him, but the inability to tow anything is getting irritating. I don't mind making a long neck trailer for my needs but the bed and subsequent ISO frame will still limit articulation between the truck and trailer. Besides that, until I leave to go on my grand adventure I will still have to pull my water trailer into town to fill up since it is too cost prohibitive for me to have my own well drilled.
I have frame pieces if you want to find a way to get them home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 934 converted to a 927 by the Government. It has extensions. I also have a parts 5 ton truck rolling chassis but it is the older ones with hydraulic brakes.

Mos68x

It is best to add 36 to 48 inches to the rear. It allows you to sit the bed further away from the cab. In your case of desolate you could find a dual spare tire carrier off an M820 so you have extra spares plus you could also add one under the frame in the rear. I have done 48in add ones and added 500gal hydraulic tanks between the bed and cab
I would really love to add more space between the cab and bed, like maybe a foot or so, but the bed is already centered on the rear tandem. Since where the bed is now is also where I plan to mount the 20' ISO container it makes me a little nervous. I know I will have quite a bit of weight on the pintle too for the trailer. Yes the front axle weighs in at just under 10k#, but I don't know at what point the front will start to feel a little light on the steering. The ISO that will sit on the truck will be converted to an RV with as much of the heavy stuff pushed as far forward as I can get it. The ISO on the trailer will be for my woodworking business and possibly my Harley if I can't get it to fit in the front one. I'm guessing I'll be close 20k# on the trailer, and probably 35k# on the truck fully fitted and maybe full tanks too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks