• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 Year of Ownership - New feels and performance!

erasedhammer

So I've had my truck for a year now, been awesome and I have a couple things to ask you guys.

1. I had a 6.5 injection pump installed... must have been 3 months ago now. I had replaced my glow plugs three days ago, 4 of them weren't working. But I think I'm going crazy or deaf because between two trips over the period of 8 hours it seems my 6.2 is running a lot smoother (and a little quieter) AND it SEEMS like I've somehow gotten more power. Maybe I just didn't notice after my pump upgrade but it seems that the hills I had a little trouble on I can now maintain speed on. Call me crazy but the engine feels smooth as butter and little more powerful... magical glow plugs? :shock:

2. Been driving around at 65 now for over a month, and it seems like imbalance in the tires or something near there starts subtle vibration right at 60. I've had my tires balanced and theoretically it should be smooth at those speeds. Then I took off the rear tires and converted the rims over to 24 bolt. Solved some slight vibration from 40-55, but now above 55 I get a kind of uneven vibration. I'm going in to have them rebalanced since the weights on the tires did change, but I am wondering if the vibration is something that can't be solved. Obviously AM General did not design the trucks to be smooth highway cruisers all day long, so is vibration just something that is inherent to humvees at 60+?

someoldmoose

1 - yer crazy ! hahahahaha

2 - Anyone ever see / drive/ know of a "straight gear" HMMWV that didn't vibrate, shake, quake, or pull at oddball speeds ? # 1 thing YOU can control ? tire pressure. Did you "chalk check" to find out what they want in them ? Do you keep them at that and check them often ( AT LEAST weekly in the TM ? ) ?

3 - You MIGHT be giving her just that little bit more fuel that she wants / needs with the 6.5 pump. Diesel Prime Directive. "more" fuel and the right amount of air for that amount of fuel = MORE pahrrr.

4 - Happy Anniversary ! Did you take her out for a nice bottle of Mobil 1 and some dune hopping ? She loves that ****
( beatcha to it filters :p )

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks