• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

W400 Ambulance: aka: Dubya Four Hundred Bambulance: I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

m38inmaine

Good job, about to tackle the roof on my M886, was replacing that front piece a major job ?, I need to remove mine to clean out some nasty insulation and want to blast and paint that area. I purchased some closed end water tight rivets for replacements.

michigandon

Good job, about to tackle the roof on my M886, was replacing that front piece a major job ?, I need to remove mine to clean out some nasty insulation and want to blast and paint that area. I purchased some closed end water tight rivets for replacements.
Wouldn’t be too difficult to make a whole entire new one, IF one had access to a large enough sheet metal brake AND the necessary fab skills. I got a couple estimates on getting an entire new one fabbed, but in the end wound up simply cutting out all the bad spots and replacing them with a flanger and 3M Panel Adhesive. In the end this worked out better for ME as opposed to sitting there for months blowing holes in it with a welder and warping it all to Hades. YMMV, of course.

michigandon

Been too long since I updated this! So I slept on a cot in the back last year, and that worked *okay*, however the **** wheel well made it so it had to be right in the middle of everything, so we made up a bed frame topped with a twin RV mattress. Karen then suggested that the fridge and microwave ought to be up off the floor more, so we made it so!

Attachments