• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What type of 6.5 is this?

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already had a few humvees....just bought another that Govplanet said "Will not start....missing parts on engine." It's one of only a few M1097's which have been sold. It's a 1994 with only 2000+ miles. Anyway, got it home, put in new batteries...started right up. Just had to buy a new serpentine belt and a pulley shaft (the guide pulley shaft was bent and it kept throwing a belt). The fact that it has a serpentine belt, and the engine looks a little different from what is on my 1995 M998A1, I am wondering if this engine is something special....My newer Humvee has four belts, so why does a humvee a year older have a serpentine? Thanx

snowtrac nome

the vehicle was deployed while in theater of operation all our hmmwv's were upgrader to run the same engines transmissions and suspension components as the 1114's this simplified logistics. we had some predeployment resets that this also happened on to you turn in your equipment conus than pick up equipment in theater that has all ready been reset while yours takes a long boat ride over.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What exactly is the upgrade other than changing from four belts to a single serpentine belt? I know the M1114's were uparmored humvees, and my M1097 is and was an unarmored Sea Bee Humvee.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Where in the engine is the casting number? Thanx
Bellhousing flange. Should have number sets on both sides.

Also if it has a diamond anywhere on the block sides it means something as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Action

the vehicle was deployed while in theater of operation all our hmmwv's were upgrader to run the same engines transmissions and suspension components as the 1114's this simplified logistics. we had some predeployment resets that this also happened on to you turn in your equipment conus than pick up equipment in theater that has all ready been reset while yours takes a long boat ride over.
Sounds like a good reason, but the m1114 series has a turbo motor. His is not.

snowtrac nome

we had both turbo and non turbo ours all had the same belts transmissions and t- cases if we had one come in that wasn't in compliance when the component failed we upgraded it case in point if you didn't have the new style transfercase there was a kit to install that included t- case and drive lines same for the 4l80 -e transmissions we had kits on stock to make all conversions to include tcm and wiring harnesses we had a few 6.2 hmmwv' used for fob cruisers that still had a 3 speed and 6.2 but anything running outside the wire were changed over along with armor kits being added.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a 6.5 na block, 6.2 water cross over thermostat housing, and an early surp system.
Date code is on block below the right head on back.

Last edited:

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a 6.5 na block, 6.2 water cross over thermostat housing, and an early surp system.
Date code is on block below the right head on back.
As soon as it lets up a little outside, I will get that code. Here's a pic of the data plate and Sea Bee insignia just for the **** of it....WP_20170822_14_39_28_Pro.jpgWP_20170822_17_28_28_Pro.jpg

Action

You need to be in the hmmwv to see the cose. Remove engine cover doghouse and look pn right side between head and transmission.

orgnal

Already had a few humvees....just bought another that Govplanet said "Will not start....missing parts on engine." It's one of only a few M1097's which have been sold. It's a 1994 with only 2000+ miles. Anyway, got it home, put in new batteries...started right up. Just had to buy a new serpentine belt and a pulley shaft (the guide pulley shaft was bent and it kept throwing a belt). The fact that it has a serpentine belt, and the engine looks a little different from what is on my 1995 M998A1, I am wondering if this engine is something special....My newer Humvee has four belts, so why does a humvee a year older have a serpentine? Thanx
Congratulations!

McReddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks