• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stanadyne / Roosa Master Inj. Pump problems

tony1224

Hello guys I'm still working on my MEP-004 trying to get it runing.I'm working on trying to put the seal kit on the Roosa Master and I need help on this part. When I open the pump There's a rubber ring that holds the governor basket onto its drive plate they are gone my question is . this rubber rings come in the seal kit or I have to buy then or anybody knows a better solution ? any help please

eatont9999

Stanadyne made many variants of the Roosa Master design rotary injection pump. Let's start with the exact model you are working on. They usually say something like DB2 or DB4, etc. There may be a sub-version number as well.

A word of caution: opening an injection pump without knowledge and specific calibration tools can render a pump useless and or damage the engine it is installed on.

tony1224

Stanadyne made many variants of the Roosa Master design rotary injection pump. Let's start with the exact model you are working on. They usually say something like DB2 or DB4, etc. There may be a sub-version number as well.

A word of caution: opening an injection pump without knowledge and specific calibration tools can render a pump useless and or damage the engine it is installed on.
the pump I,m working on is the model DB2

Model # DBMFC433-1LK

Last edited:

eatont9999

Sounds like you are talking about the master flex ring. It depends on your governor cage whether or not the ring existed in the first place. If you found pieces of it in the pump, then it likely needs one. If not, you might have a pump with the solid weight cage. Some reseal kits have the master flex ring and some don't. See the article below for more detailed information about this.

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ttalk&th=1297006

tony1224

Sounds like you are talking about the master flex ring. It depends on your governor cage whether or not the ring existed in the first place. If you found pieces of it in the pump, then it likely needs one. If not, you might have a pump with the solid weight cage. Some reseal kits have the master flex ring and some don't. See the article below for more detailed information about this.
Thanks for the help.When I open my pump it was only left 1 small piece around 1 of the bushings so I rally don't know what it really looks like,the seal kit that I got don't have anything looking like that .
Roosa Master / Stanadyne Diesel Injection Pump seal kit 24370 for DB2 automotive

I did read here a post from Gastrap here is the post

There's a rubber ring that holds the governor basket onto its drive plate. It disintigrates and contaminates the pump. If it runs this way too long it will destroy the pins on the 2 steel parts. The replacement ring is of a better material & lasts longer.

I really don't know what to do here. Do you know where I can get this ring or the solid govenor cage
Very helpful that post on that ring,now I know that I need one

Last edited:

eatont9999

Fleabay item number: 151970127699

There are multiple sellers with them available but that listing should give you an idea of what to search for.

I would simply replace the flex ring with the new style part and be done with it.

Southern Surplus

Hello. Working on the same exact pump. The kit I bought (on ebay) contained the flex ring you are speaking of. It's a white nylon looking ring that seems to be a little small, but actually stretches real well. You have to clean off the remnants around the rivets where the old rubber ring was and stretch the small holes over the rivet heads. Its really not that difficult. I purchased the last three kits from this seller, but others are available. Here's a link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Roosa-Mast...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

While I'm here, does anyone have the roller to roller dimension on this pump? (DBMFC 433-1LK) Thanks and good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks