• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Radio - Computer Interface

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I wired up a SignaLink USB for use with my AN/PRC-70 and repainted its beige case green. Initial bench testing looks promising, and I hope I'll have a chance to try out some wide-shift RTTY with it later this week at the Military Radio Collectors Group meeting.

I included a 4.7kΩ series resistor in the MIC line to drop the fairly hot signal level from the SignaLink USB down to the roughly 2µV into 150Ω that I think the military radios want, but I don't know if that's the optimal value yet. The AN/PRC-70 appears to compensate for whatever Tx level knob setting I use above cut-off, and I haven't had a chance to test out the interface with any other radios yet.

IMG_0683.jpgIMG_0684.jpgIMG_0685.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks