• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identify M35a2 Motor

WhoMe08721

Hey Guys,

So the other day my friend text me about M35a2 parts for sale. So on Friday I decided to go take a look at them to find out it was a donor truck that was being devoured by mother earth. So after look it over for some time I decided to make an offer on the whole thing for parts and scrap. But the guy wanted to much money. So then we worked out a number ($350) just for the motor and transmission. Think that me and my nephew could clean it up and rebuilding it for a back up motor or used crate motor for my truck. When I got it home and power washed it I notice there was no motor tag left to read and notice the motor was slightly different then mine in my 1968 M35a2 truck.

So my questions are
1) How do I identify this M35a2 Motor
2) What the different between my LDT-465-1C and this motor
3) Can I put a turbo on it and if so where would the turbo oil feed line hook up at
4) Also do all the old m35a2 have the same transmission and if not what are the different

Also Attached are some picture of the motor and transmission, the black motor is the LDT-465-1C in my truck.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well from the picture #9 it looks like you have a thick deck block (the TD cast in the block ) that was cast on June 14th of 1971
( 6 14 71 ) the thick deck is a better block than the early ones. The transmissions in the A2's are all the same.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No turbocharger is a LD465. Great engine, as much or more power than a LDT. Leaves a smoke trail wherever you have been.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can easily add your(or another) turbo to it.

It's basically the same as your motor without the turbo added.

Many people add turbos later(as did the military). It was added as part of a clean air kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks