• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep803 wireless starter circuit

horseman8m

I Installed a wireless starter circuit on my mep803 so now i don't have to leave the house to run the generator.
updated the circuit page below.

https://youtu.be/z098G0Nuzgw

the motorcycle alarm with engine start, circuit ,, wire into diagram.
alarm-pic.jpgcomplete relay delay circuit-06b.jpgwiring -01.jpg
the antenna is off to the side so the door doesn't hit it.
The blue wire from the alarm/start block goes to antenna.
antenna-1.jpgantenna-1B.jpgantenna wire-1.jpg
the wire bundle from the alarm/start block,, red-black to 12v pwr supply.
Orange wire goes to channel 1 and channel 3 trigger.
Blue wire goes to the channel 2 (starter) trigger.

wires-01.jpg
protected from weather and wire tied to side wall when done testing.

protected-01.jpgcircuit-02b.jpgcircuit-01a.jpg

the timer circuit has 3 channels,,
complete relay delay circuit-06b.jpg
first channel (on left) has to turn on fuel at the S1 switch and run. connection 3and 4 .
second channel (center) has a delay that powers the starter for 10 seconds then turns off. connection 7and 8 .
the third channel (on the right) has a delay of 27 seconds then turns on for about 3/4 of a second then turns off, this is to energize the field witch keeps itself going after. S5 = switch - connect to 5 and 6.

S1 = switch 1
S1 -mep803-1A.jpg

connect channel one red wire to 3, and channel two red wire to 7.
S1 -mep803-1B.jpg

connect channel one black wire to 4, and channel two black wire to 8.
S1 -mep803-1C.jpg

S5 = switch 5
S5 -mep803-2A.jpg

connect channel 3 wires to 5 and 6

S5 -mep803-2B.jpg

power supply wires through firewall before epoxy.
vibration will short out your wires.
12v supply wires-1.jpg

12vdc power supply
3A fuse between supply and firewall on red wire.
12v power supply-1.jpg

Last edited:

fa35jsf

Nice. If I didn't have to go manually switch the interlock over on the telephone poll I'd probably do something like this too. Might even make it with an Arduino board so I could program it to monitor the voltage and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamaus2007

This method is intriguing. Thinking of the possibility of saving the trip to start and just manually transferring at the panel. May please the wife to make it easier of a process. Sent an email to for more specs, how-to, on the starting system. Great job on this gem Horseman8m.

horseman8m

diagram

the connection for channel1 is (in yellow) S1 3-4
channel 2 (in orange) S1 7-8
channel 3 (in green) S5 5-6
The diagram is from page 7 of the pdf mep803 (10KW TQG Schematics)

Attachments

csheath

Somehow I missed the more detailed update to this thread. I am still waiting for the unit I ordered to make it across the pond. The unit I ordered has the same number of wires but they are of course different colors and arranged different than the OP's. If I get it to work I will do my own thread and credit the OP for the idea.

The only time I would use this option is to start the unit during a rain storm. I load test, monitor, and exercise my 803 every month for a couple of hours so I wouldn't worry about starting in this manner. My panel is in my attached, enclosed, garage so I do the interlock and load shedding functions in there.