• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Gage malfunction

TheAlfredo

I have an 803a generator with a Beede 945331 gage that is marking past full when powered and just over 3/4 when powered down.

TM manual and Beede have testing the gage by grounding out the S terminal...and that should move the gage to E. And with just power on I and Ground it should mark full.

Based on this testing procedure...I have a bad gage. I found a couple online today....looking at the photos, they are marking just past 3/4 out of the box, just like mine.

Since based on the testing I have a bad gage. I took it out and was experimenting with it.

I put 24 volts+ to the "I" ignition post. When I grounded the "S" signal/sender post the meter pegged past full (same as when it was installed in the gen.

There is a 4th post that I can't find any info on marked "O". When I grounded that post the meter pegged past E. Then I applied the ground to "S" post and it pegged past "F". If I grounded just the ground post, it would find its home just past 1/4 tank. I could do this a couple times until grounding the "O" post would have the same effect as the "S" post and pegg the meter past full. leave it with just "I" and "G" and in a couple min it would return to E grounding "O" and F grounding "S"

Anyone have had similar issues?

FYI..I did test the sender and with just about half a tank I'm getting just over 50 Ohms....so the sender appears to be working properly (at least at the moment...will have to test it and make sure it moves by adding more fuel or lifting the gen with forklift and sloshing it around.

Bmxenbrett

I had a bad gauge. Tested for power/ground at the gauge. Tested for ohms on the S terminal wire and everything checked out. I replaced the gauge with a new $50 stewart werner gauge thats 24v and used the original sensor.
I can get the model number of the gauge if you need it.

TheAlfredo

If you have the model number available, it would be great. I can't seem to find any on their site that are 24volt. Though they all state "12/24 volt light adapter kits available."

Or I can just call them tomorrow.

Thanks again

Bmxenbrett

Yes thats the one stweart werner 284m. 24v gauge that wors with factory sender and fits the factory gauge hole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks