• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessory Feed Point

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the best place to tap into for a high amp 24v feed for multiple LED light bars, cab light, 24 to 12v converter, and large LED backup lights which will be controlled via dash mounted toggle?

Thank you,

Russ

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Where is the best place to tap into for a high amp 24v feed for multiple LED light bars, cab light, 24 to 12v converter, and large LED backup lights which will be controlled via dash mounted toggle?

Thank you,

Russ
24v is half the amps of 12v. You can just run a wire off the back battery block in your battery box. Just add an inline fuse.
Rops cab trucks have different dash wireharness layouts than regular m939 trucks so you dont have the same loose wires we do.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A long drive on a hot day to get the flat spots out will help a lot.
At least there’s quite a few new surplus tires around.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been to the woods and rode for miles in sand mode. Still have one tire that won't behave itself. Pretty sure it's the right rear. Made a couple of runs with my mounted gopro back there on each side and it appears to be the one.

MarcusOReallyus

As mentioned, go to the battery box. Get cables made at BestBoatWire.com. Good stuff. Marine grade, cut to length, with your choice of connectors. I like to add the clear heat shrink to each end.

Fuses & fuse blocks, it's hard to beat the quality of Blue Sea Systems.

Consider going with a Mega fuse for that kind of load.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been to the woods and rode for miles in sand mode. Still have one tire that won't behave itself. Pretty sure it's the right rear. Made a couple of runs with my mounted gopro back there on each side and it appears to be the one.
That won’t do it.
Needs to be at Hwy pressure and on pavement at speed.
This heats up the tires and will help even them out.

Works wonders

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks