• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Tail Lights

BigB1975

I am a "new" 1990 HMMWV owner and have an issues with my lights.

With the 3 lever switch in the the "stop light" position I have turn signals, horn and brake lights(new switch).
With the 3 lever switch in the "service drive" position I have turn signals, horn, head lights and side marker lights but NO tail lights or brake lights.

Any thoughts?

orgnal

I am a "new" 1990 HMMWV owner and have an issues with my lights.

With the 3 lever switch in the the "stop light" position I have turn signals, horn and brake lights(new switch).
With the 3 lever switch in the "service drive" position I have turn signals, horn, head lights and side marker lights but NO tail lights or brake lights.

Any thoughts?
Check the tail light bulbs

McReddy

papakb

If you have brake lights in the stop light position then your wiring and bulbs are good. If the brake lights don't work in service drive with the same switch it's bad and needs to be replaced.

papakb

If your familiar with following electrical schematics and have a multimeter you can trace the circuits through the switch but other than that there's no good way that I know of to test it. Luckily it's not one of the electronic switches.