• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088A1 with VW parts

scottmandu

I was servicing my M1088A1 and noticed that the Aux transmission cooler fans looked somewhat familiar. S&S used the connector from a 1982 VW rabbit and might also use the same fans!

2017-11-25 14.51.35.jpg2017-11-25 14.51.20.jpg

coachgeo

I was servicing my M1088A1 and noticed that the Aux transmission cooler fans looked somewhat familiar. S&S used the connector from a 1982 VW rabbit and might also use the same fans!....
interesting. Take pic of fans. Might be able to find out if it is VW too. How did you determine the plug was from an 82?

scottmandu

interesting. Take pic of fans. Might be able to find out if it is VW too. How did you determine the plug was from an 82?
The parts number starts with a 171 which is the first gen golf (rabbit) and I had a 1982 for the longest time. However I suspect that the plug is the same throughout the model years.

The fans do look the same, but I've not found part numbers off it.

coachgeo

The parts number starts with a 171 which is the first gen golf (rabbit) and I had a 1982 for the longest time. However I suspect that the plug is the same throughout the model years.

The fans do look the same, but I've not found part numbers off it.
was curious I've got a golf TDI (bad engine) and a Bug TDI (that just broke down..... now driving the LMTV...... owww.. 40ish mpg down to 6.5ish)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks