• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 trailer tarp installation

aboonski

I just installed a used one-piece cargo cover on one of my M105A2 trailers and I cannot figure out how this cover is supposed to tie down in the front of the trailer. When I bought this tarp about a year ago I never imagined it being a one-piece unit. My other M105 cover is a newer version and is much betterin every way. Any ideas on how this cover attaches in the front? A photo of the two trailers below.

Attachments

aboonski

Trailer Tarp

On the inside is MS 51323-28 MFR-56101, It says FRONT on the exterior front of the cover just like you would see on an M35A2 cargo cover. I was wondering if this cover was for another application myself! Thanks for the reply! Looks like I will have to make this work for a while! I plan to clean out my garage and use the brown trailer for storage. I will have to use a curtain from a Deuce cargo cover because this tarp does not cover the back of the trailer at all. I'll take a photo if you want.

aboonski

more photos of the canvas

I just took a few more pictures of the cover for further study. This is a very rusty trailer! I plan to use the frame from this one and the bed from the green one to make one good trailer to pull behind my M35A2C

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That cover is HUGE-I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics tonight of what my 105 looked like when I had that style cover on it.

aboonski

I think I have an M37 cargo cover but will not know until I take measurements. Seems like the cargo cover for my deuce was much larger and the one you see on the M105 trailer is about the same size of the cargo area of an M37.

In regards to the guy wanting some extra side boards for an M105 trailer - I may have an extra set but I may have them for another application, I don't know. Where abouts in Florida are you?

aboonski

I hope to be there but don't know which vehicle to drive. My deuce needs a lot of maintenance right now but runs like a top especially after Kenny put the C turbo on there for me. I just got replacement parts for my Air O Matic power steering that I have to install and then there are the knuckle boots too! The M1008A1 is pretty much ready to go anywhere and I just put the cargo cover on that one so I could bunk out in the bed of that truck with no problems. Right now I have to get my garage emptied out and the M105 trailer is where a lot of the junk is going! I think someone sold me the wrong cover for my trailer the way it looks!

aboonski

I think I have a deuce cargo cover! Oh well...at least I have a deuce to use it on but I am pissed at the guy who sold me this cover saying that it was for an M105! The dead giveaway was the buckles around the top - four on each side and the long ropes at each end of the cover
just like the ones on my M35. No wonder this thing would not work right!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the price was right (for a deuce cargo cover), don't be too upset!

chevycrew

My cover for my m105, fits loose. About 8inches too long. That is if you go off of the seams lining up with the uppers corners of the racks/bows.

Is this common, or do I also have the wrong application? Everything else seems to match all the pictures I see.

ida34

I have never seen a deuce cover that was solid on the front like that. I would thing an M1008 cover or an M880 cover. It is not a deuce cover or an M105 cover.

aboonski

There are no female quarter-turn grommets around the perimeter of this cover which would rule out the M1008 idea. I really think it is for an M35 because I have pulled most of the excess over the front of the trailer to cover the front area and had a lot of excess side material to deal with as a result. The back portion is identical to what you see on the deuce. There are also four of the alligator buckles along the top of each side of the tarp which is just what you see on the M35 cover. I think the material on this cover is thicker or heavier than that on the 105 cover but not sure. I'm just going to make this thing work because this particular trailer will not be going anywhere except around my yard. The frame and axle are perfect but the bed is shot; my other trailer has a great bed but the axle and running gear are rusty so I will be putting the best parts together for my road trailer. I already have a florida title and registration for the green trailer which I finally got from GL. I bought the green trailer in 2002 from a GL auction and picked the trailer up at the Cape Canaveral site. The brown trailer I bought from a guy one street over from my house for $175.00.

acetomatoco

Well, the answer is in the FedLog... MS 51323-28 is 2540-00-741-6338 End use is Truck Cargo, 2320-00-835-8520. was superseded by 2540-01-434-0944 and currently holds Ordnance #s 12450519, 12490241, and 12450241-1 All of which fit the M35 Cargo Truck. What you are seeing on the trailer is the top of the cover folded down over the front of the trailer with the rope across the bottom front... It is found in group 1810-1 in my Ord 9 SNL G742 of 1/55 and is called Paulin, M35 and carries Reo # 304-E17 and Studebaker 956051 and Oneida Products #27P403-1. That is all the info my meagre resources can provide...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks