• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2017 - December VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. lindsey97
lindsey97.jpg

2. jasonjc
jasonjc.jpg

3. secondj7
secondj7.jpg

4. maa45069
maa45069.jpg

5. Lonnie
Lonnie.JPG

6. CMPPhil
CMPPhil.jpg

7. big block 88
big block 88.jpg

8. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

9. bigmike
bigmike.jpg

10. MississippiRifle
MississippiRifle.jpg

11. microjeep
microjeep.jpg

12. Migginsbros
Migginsbros.jpg

CMPPhil

How about the same truck 72 years ago

Hi All

https://youtu.be/ExeSJWcJQUg

I've had my HUP since 1979 when I bought it you could see where the markings had been ground off the rear sides, with it was a bill of sale saying it had been bought from the BBC in New York City but it was not until 1983 that this video fell into my lap one morning. I'll explain that later.

But for now watch and enjoy a bit of my trucks history.

Cheers Phil

lindsey97

Weeds is the workhorse of our collection. Weeds has towbarred a couple trucks home for other SS members, and hauled a few loads home from GL. Sometimes Weeds get used as a water truck for our small business, and hauls supplies. Since acquiring Weeds from 98G in early 2015, we have added several items to the truck, such as a winch, 16.00r20 tires/hemtt rims, hardtop, all LED's, and back up lights.

Weeds came from Ft. Riley, a non runner, and had giant weeds growing up around him, all fenced off in the back corner of the truck pen. 2 batteries, can of ether, and transfer tank of diesel, and weeds fired right up and drove home 342 miles. Weeds bumperette markings indicate that he served in Oklahoma, I think at Ft. Sill, as a radio truck. Would love to find out the details of service.

We are currently putting together a correct radio tray setup with RT-524, do not have any pics of that as of now. Future mods/dreams will be a lightbar above the cab, Bosnian armor, armored windshield, Detroit locker, and of course paint at some point......

Weeds isn't a show queen, rebuild, or have a nice paint job, but is 100% dependable. I have a had a lot of fun building this truck and get a lot of looks and thumbs up while driving.

big block 88

Shes been a sweet heart. Been worked hard pulling the stuck skid loader out of the pond, (i was doing an experiment to verify gravity was still on.... it was on I confirmed it). Pulled huge stumps out rescued numerous local trucks (no ones a memeber here to vouche for her).

She does tons of parades for schools and vets each year, does vet and boyscout events. And is posed at numerous local businesses for various events.

I see my pinnion seal is leaking like crazy so maybe if i can pull off a win i will get out and fix it. :carnac:

Attachments

m38inmaine

Happy to support my fellow MVMVC club member cmpphil, I have been in his rig on trail rides at the rally and it is an amazing and rare machine, good luck Phil.

CMPPhil

Happy to support my fellow MVMVC club member cmpphil, I have been in his rig on trail rides at the rally and it is an amazing and rare machine, good luck Phil.
Hi

Thanks for the kind words, did you happen to ride in the front passenger seat under observers hatch? People riding up in the front left seat generally find it strange not to have a steering wheel in front of them.

All Canadian Military Pattern CMPs are right hand drive, because the were built loosely to British Army specifications for use by Commonwealth Forces and saw service in every theater of WWII.

Cheers Phil

Migginsbros

Hello to all your MV Enthusiasts. First off all, thank you for voting this month our 1987 Steinbock forklift.
FUG means FELDUMSCHLAGGERÄT .This Forklift is an important member of the supply chain also on rought terrain.