• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1972 M54A2 ideas for project.

ArchAngel USMC

looking for ideas here. I'm going back to OD green in the spring with black. I want to know if there are any good and fairly easy way of boosting the power. Power adders? turning the fuel up? I believe the largest tires I can go with is 395/85/20s but I'm not sure. I've hear good and bad from a cple of different sites, but I'd like some real info from those of you who has switched to the singles verses the duals. My plans for use involve a little work and a lot of play. I live in Rindge, NH. fairly hilly area but nothing too bad. Occasionally I will be driving this bad boy to work and showing off. Also I want to build a "slide in" with a goose necked camper for. So I'm aware there are probably other posts that have lots of info in them, but I'm finding it difficult to locate them. I'd be happy with links to them as well, lol. I'm new to the site and still trying to figure the site out so pardon my lack of knowledge ahead of time. Anyone living close by 03461? I'd like to hook up in the spring/summer to meet and greet/ show and tell, rides, etc...

23845381_10211359307798174_798827464_n.jpg23899265_10211359307758173_1284496478_n.jpg:beer:

big block 88

Lots of threads on here talking about bumping power on the 465 just do a quick search. Bobbing cost? Like having some one do it for you? Doing it you self just need a bed and and suspension set up. Trailer perches work well for spring placement.

your truck and all but uh. Dont bob a m54

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, it's yours so you can do with it as you please, but it's an awfully nice truck to get bobbed. ;)

The 395s are a good choice for the 5-tons, though you can go bigger if you really want to. You'll want to go to the wider super single rims, the wheels you have are not safe for 395s.

Welcome aboard, and Semper Fi.

Cheers

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I'll also advise against bobbing it, but I've got set of 5 ton front springs over here in VT if you really want to. Your truck looks to have been used by a fire department so up here in New England that means there is a decent chance it actually served in Vietnam.

ArchAngel USMC

I love the way it is right now, but was just curious about bobbing. Not that I'd do this truck like that. I really want to do singles, add some power and make up a "slide in" camper setup for some camping, lol. Easy fellas, was just curious, lol! I'd like to find another truck for a bobbed conversion maybe one day.

ArchAngel USMC

Actually, it's yours so you can do with it as you please, but it's an awfully nice truck to get bobbed. ;)

The 395s are a good choice for the 5-tons, though you can go bigger if you really want to. You'll want to go to the wider super single rims, the wheels you have are not safe for 395s.

Welcome aboard, and Semper Fi.

Cheers
Semper Fi Brother. I have been eye balling the 395s. I believe thats the ones I want to go with.. . Just need to find some wheels and then the tires and a local place to mount them. Shouldn't be too hard since there are several truck shops around.

vtdeucedriver

I'll also advise against bobbing it, but I've got set of 5 ton front springs over here in VT if you really want to. Your truck looks to have been used by a fire department so up here in New England that means there is a decent chance it actually served in Vietnam.
Not so much with the Multifuels. All the returns ive seen have been 673 powered. But your correct on the bob and how I am not for that. :)

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add a set of 365s to the front, same circumference as 11.00 x20. Get pyrometer, and boost gauge, turn up pump. Ready for road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks