• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE - Cold weather hydralic issues

msharky007

You can always try a pipe wrench, but I consider that a last resort. As in "Good thing I have a spare cap, so ruining this one is no big deal".

Come to think of it, a chain wrench might work and not leave the cap quite as badly scarred.
I'll give that a go. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

peakbagger

The mill I worked in had a big metal bench made out of 3/4" plate bolted to the floor with various chain vices and chain wrenches. They also had an assortment of big pipe wrenches with cheater pipes and a torch. Sometimes it required all of the above. I bought the special wrench for the caps when I bought my seal kits.

msharky007

The mill I worked in had a big metal bench made out of 3/4" plate bolted to the floor with various chain vices and chain wrenches. They also had an assortment of big pipe wrenches with cheater pipes and a torch. Sometimes it required all of the above. I bought the special wrench for the caps when I bought my seal kits.
I bought the spanner wrench, 3/4 breaker bar. Trying to keep and spanner in place and apply cheater pipe. FAIL!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So grab your leaky cylinders, drive a bit north, and we'll have a cylinder cap busting party. Or maybe just a bunch of busted caps.
Could be fun either way.