• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I remove CARC from data plate w/o ruining the plate?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I remove CARC from data plate w/o ruining the plate?

My cold start/glow plug switch data plate is painted over with what I believe is CARC paint and I want to remove it without removing the black off of the data plate.
Is the data plate simply a painted decal that will dissolve if I use acetone or something similar? What would be the best approach here?

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My cold start/glow plug switch data plate is painted over with what I believe is CARC paint and I want to remove it without removing the black off of the data plate.
Is the data plate simply a painted decal that will dissolve if I use acetone or something similar? What would be the best approach here?
You can probably get a new plate from one of the vendors or on evil-bay. Depending on what model truck.
But here is a related thread.
[h=1]Metal Data Plate Clean-up/Rejuvenation?[/h]
[h=1]Suggestions on restoring painted data plates[/h]
[h=1]Data Plate Restoration Tip[/h]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks