• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 CDN Knuckleboom truck?

KWolfe

After seeing the post by Evilone about the M135 with knuckleboom at a Museum in Wainwright, got me thinking about why my truck has a short bed. The front of the bed has been modified exactly the same way. This truck used to be w/w, but everything is gone now - no PTO or controls. The previous owner has for some reason put 6x6 blocks between the frame and bed and removed one set of springs. More movement for the axles? Wish I knew where the winch or the picker(if it had one) was. This truck drives but has no brakes.

Attachments

KWolfe

looks like I got an extra pic in there. those are two CDN Iltis' and Jeep Commando in the very back. I will post more pics of these in a seperate post.

sermis

What is the price for a K boom? Is there any intrest in them? I might have a line on a few if it was worth my time to get them. Any idea on weight and cost to ship?
I know I have a trade on one if I can get it shipped right.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sermis said:
What is the price for a K boom? Is there any intrest in them? I might have a line on a few if it was worth my time to get them. Any idea on weight and cost to ship?
I know I have a trade on one if I can get it shipped right.
Figure about 4,000 lb and the cost of a used one, anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000 depending on size and condition.

KWolfe

Yes citizensoldier I wish that it still had the picker and the winch. There is no PTO on the truck now so I am thinking that it probably had some kind double PTO system since it originally had a winch as well.

butch atkins

double pto for m211

yes,i too had thoughts of a k boom on my truck,all i have is the RARE DOUBLE DRIVE PTO UNIT shown on pg 596,597 in tm 9-8024,dont have any of the linkages,i had posted about this last year,and another member replied that he had the controls,linkages,tank,hoses etc,etc for this application,couldnt scrape up the $ to get it,so i have scrapped the idea,so now the PTO UNIT IS FOR SALE ,so em or pm if anyone is interested in this rare pc of equipment for gmc trucks,pto is in excellent condition,i took it off of a truck myself,i cant believe that someone would take the trouble to take the winch,cab controls,linkages and leave the pto unit in the truck,so if anyone is interested let me know ,before it goes to ebay,am on backup computer due to power supply burning up main computer,so i cant post pics ,hope to effect repair soon,still on dial up modem,good luck to all on your projects

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks