• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Annville PA Auction mid Feb

pfarber

Annville (Ft. Indiantown Gap) is like 20 miles from my house.

GL shows a lot of nice M35s.

GL also says that site is unmanned... does that mean no preview? Or should I call and schedule an appointment?

I've read the 'post purchase checklist'.. but what are some tips on PRE PURCHASE inspection? I have a good mechanical background, I own a CCKW, but no diesel exp or turbo exp.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unmanned sites usually have to have an appointment made at the contact number provided in order to see the trucks. It just means that noone is there regularly, so if you just "show up", you're out of luck.

chuck500cc

I have been looking for a pre-purchase checklist for also. Great idea. I have asked some of the owners around me but I needed a checklist that says, "that should look like this, and this should look like that." Maybe I have not looked hard enough. I too have good mechanical experience but as far as M35's and the like there is not enough good advice that can be given by those who have experinced "gotchas".

Chuck XD Fan

pfarber

There has to be some specific things that NEED to look right.

General stuff like puddles under the truck, wet/weep marks on brake backing plates, around seals etc.. thats the easy stuff.

My main concern are the injector pump (expensive fuel dodad I've head about) and turbo.

I know you can't disassemble, and that the external does not always tell the truth about the internals... but you get the drift.

acetomatoco

No different than buying any car, truck, or piece of equipment. There is no one specific check list to satisfy all potential buyers... The majors are: rust, miles, paint, tires, engine, air compressor, turbo or no turbo, air shift xfer or not, hardtop, heater, winch. driveshafts, brakes, power steering, other outstanding things like ring mount, arctic heater, Check engine oil and see if it turns by hand.... all of the above with a homemade checklist and a 1 2 3 or 4 rating for each ...1 good, 4 bad, should work for most generic M series vehicles. Tally the numbers later and the one with the lowest total should fit your needs... This list works for me, but others may add or subtract items and be perfectly happy, too.. Of course, if you like bodywork and hate mechanical stuff, buy the bad looking runner for the best deal.

YankeeDuece

I called to make an appointment on Monday to view the trucks on Thursday, 24 hours notice right? Turns out that "unmanned", in Ft. Indian Gap Pa., means that you may only preview vehicles during the actual auction time-window for that particular event.

After talking to a very nice representitave from GL my party and I will also be able to preview the forthcoming auction as well as the one scheduled for the end of the month. We do need to provide a list of all interested persons and trucks prior to entering site. Fortunately w/several buyers involved we will get to see them all.

My last vist to a DRMO was in Colchester, Vt. I called 24 hrs ahead of time with the names of all in the party and we were free to graze like cows.

Must be the difference between "personed and unpersoned."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks