• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Revving and Missing

motormayhem

Thanks for the input guys. I'm talking with Scott over at Oregon Fuel Injection as it seems people have had good results there. The pump that is on there is a
4267 pump. I know that's not the military number which I believe are obsolete. Its HD civvy one so I think they are more or less the same? Is that a good one for the CUCV or should I switch it to something else while I'm spending the $$? Just looking for stock performance.

While I'm buttoning up under the valve covers I'm debating about using the steel washer retainer modification for the stamped rocker arms rather than rolling the dice on the nylon bushings.
Has anyone taken a look at the long term wear on one of those setups to see if the washer starts eating into the rocker arm?
I found a set of cast rockers on a 6.2 at the junkyard, but the oiling issue is pretty evident on the shafts which have deep grooves worn into them like my cast setup.

cucvrus

Injection pump is the only thing it can be. Not sure what it is from afar but I would say a fresh injection pump rebuilt by a competent shop is in order. I am sure that sounds really sweet with the EGR holes open and running with no intake. You have an injection pump issue for sure. Unless the throttle cable is stuck. unhook the throttle cable and make sure the throttle returns to idle position. Or take the cover off and look inside. the cover will slide to the back with the 3 bolts removed. Slide it towards the front when reinstalling in and you should be good. The injection pump is a precision piece and jacking with adjustments throws the precision piece to the scrap pile. Do as you wish. I never had any issues with a Diesel care rebuild for $350. and had trouble with 2 brand new ones that I bought as out dated. Go figure. Have a Great Day. Put the intake back on after you get the rebuilt pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks