• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1010 Newbie here

LT67

Check the harmonic balancer to make sure the rubber isn't dried up and falling apart.....

I run 35's on my M1008.... 55-57 on the highway is attainable without buzzing the motor too high.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome from Missouri!
Glad to see and help another Detroit fan. Take it easy on the old girl. Take your time and look at the chassis close, every time you look you will see something that needs attention.
Short hops at first, look again, and get that truck some camo. But I guess white is camo right now. The Detroit is a great power source if treated like a Detroit.

The information that can be studied on the Forum can be mind numbing, with all the great help from everybody and maybe even roadside as well. [thumbzup]

All I can say is Welcome, and be patient with 1010, you will be amazed at the engineering on the 1010 and the parts availability is great as well, plus having vendors on the Forum Rocks 2.

WARWAG

FIRST THINGS TO DO:
#1 Doghead relay mod. (a must asap)
#2 Plan B (if you are having electrical issues. The stock DUVAK system is crap and will leave you stranded.
#3 Belts and hoses should be replaced asap.
#4 change all of your fluids and filters
#5 255/85R16 fit perfect under a stock height M1010. 33.5" Toyo Mts). 33" tall for BFG 255/85R16 With a 4" lift you should be able to run 35" tall tires with no to little rubbing. A delicate touch with a small sledge hammer would take care of those rubbing issues.

Check out my threads for detailed "how to" on most things I've done over the years.

ballencd

Check the harmonic balancer to make sure the rubber isn't dried up and falling apart.....

I run 35's on my M1008.... 55-57 on the highway is attainable without buzzing the motor too high.
LT67, What tires are you using and are you using the factory rims?...Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks