• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello fm a Southeastern AZ MILVET was looking for a M1022A1, came aross SS website...

OurJeeps

Came across Steel Soldiers website/forum because I have a couple of standard (not extended height) 20 foot ISO shipping containers, and was looking to buy, rent, or even borrow a M1022A1 container dolly set-up to move the containers ~480 miles. So if anyone's got one for sale - please let me know...

Always an admirer of classic military iron, the closest our family can get to military vehicle ownership of sorts is our '74 AMC 304 CJ-5 w/T-18A that admittedly has the stretched front end (for larger engines), but retains the military "chest crusher" steering wheel, short seats, and classic military sheet metal pressings of the M38A1 body tub shared with the early civilian CJ-5's through ~74. It also has the riveted C-channel frame (as in check for cracks regularly), narrow leaf springs w/inboard mounted shocks, manual drum brakes, that all combine to make it a handful off-road.

The CJ-5 is functional with 4-point harnesses and a roll cage but very farm tractor like, with downright barbaric rear Detroit Locker in a Dana 44. We alternately call it "the farm tractor" or the "death machine" - the short wheelbase makes for "overly exciting times" when off-roading. We are long-time "gear heads" and have other assorted rolling iron including a TLB, trencher, diesel dually, and a JKU Rubicon Jeep (sold a prior TJ Jeep), trailers and forklifts, and a couple of classic vehicles, etc... Aside for the classic vehicles, all are 4x4 or AWD.

Thumbs up to a nice forum/community, with lots of great military equipment related info...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks