• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I overshot neutral into Reverse

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Detent looks like this. That is neutral with the high rise which you have to use the handle pulled up to get over into the top notch for R. The lower selections have a low rise to slip over easy. That shifter should not go into reverse is. The handle lock is working. That is it's only purpose to prevent going into reverse without raising it If you can force it forward the spring is worn out.
Best of luck with your tranny troubles Now it seems reasonable for a detent from N to R , but i must say there is no such monster on my shifter, I never even thought about it until some of you mentioned it , Now I wonder ?! will have to look into it !
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Attachments

Jericho

Simp , you are a world of knowledge and the quickest post er i have ever met, I will have to look now, NEVER even thought a bout it , mine slips easily from n to R . Have driven many trucks , and looking back never paid any attention, AIR CRAFT throttle quadrants are built with gates , detents much the same A Saturday task for sure , Been driving my M 931A2 as a daily driver to work ect for a couple of months , will be more attentive and careful tomorrow thank you sir !!!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Simp , you are a world of knowledge and the quickest post er i have ever met, I will have to look now, NEVER even thought a bout it , mine slips easily from n to R . Have driven many trucks , and looking back never paid any attention, AIR CRAFT throttle quadrants are built with gates , detents much the same A Saturday task for sure , Been driving my M 931A2 as a daily driver to work ect for a couple of months , will be more attentive and careful tomorrow thank you sir !!!!
My ritual is that i never use the release lever when going neutral to any forward drive gear. It doesn't need it as you can see. You could easily break the spring and not know it or it gets weak. If you need a replacement shifter let me know ill send you one free of charge. If your spring is broken it can be sourced easily enough.

8madjack

Sorry for your troubles but very informative thread. I've always squeezed the handle, I didn't know that it wasn't necessary. Now I'm going to have to go check mine and not shift to neutral coming to a stop if there's an issue

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks