• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Planning a 1,273 mile trip in M1088A1 towing a M1073 flatbed trailer MI to TEXAS

coachgeo

NDT,

It is bolted well under the plate and bolts welded.

Big Tom,...
Tom my guess is that NDT is referring not to the ball being welded but to the plate being welded to the chassis. Isn't there is a specific heat treatment on the chassis channels that gets all fubared when you weld to it? What is done is done....... can't go back..... Keep your eyes on it?

Last edited:

Cgray

Tom my guess is that NDT is referring not to the ball being welded but to the plate being welded to the chassis. There is a specific heat treatment on the chassis channels that gets all fubared when you weld to it. What is done is done....... can't go back..... Keep your eyes on it.
Clarified answer...

The plating you see is bolted to the frame of the truck and welded. The frame doesnt have an issue being welded if you use the correct welder. As with all correct welds it has been grooved and sanded prior to being welded. The ball is a drop in ball with a slide lever. All tested and road proven.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks