• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 mystery rubber hose

joeblack5

When I worked on the alternator I wound a rubber hose that goes from the top of the power steering reservoir and converts in a plastic ( nylon) line that goes to the housing of the engine hour counter.
The rubber ends were in a bad shape so it did not fit together and I will replace it but what is the function?

Thank you J

rtrask

When I worked on the alternator I wound a rubber hose that goes from the top of the power steering reservoir and converts in a plastic ( nylon) line that goes to the housing of the engine hour counter.
The rubber ends were in a bad shape so it did not fit together and I will replace it but what is the function?

Thank you J
It is a vacuum hose for the power steering pump reservoir. I think anyway. I think the idea is to get bubbles / froth from circulating. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rtrask

Thank you Rtr. I did not realize that the housing that holds the engine hour meter is also a vacuum pump.
later J
To be honest it is a bit of a guess. My mog had the same hose connection issue, and I scratched my head about it. It can't be for fluid because there is just one line. Vacuum was all I could come up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk