• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12/24 volt fleet style charger with slave port

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
So I decided I wanted to have a 24 volt charger handy and found this unit on A-----. Thought I might as well come up.with a way to charge directly to the truck through the slave port and came up with is setup. Haven't tried to jump start or charge yet but it runs my 1/2" robotool on the jump start setting. Hope it holds up and works well.IMG_20180521_180014.jpgIMG_20180521_175911.jpg

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a nice solution, Coastie. I'm interested to know where you located the external mount box for the slave port receptacle.

I tried searching for the "Monster battery charger" but all I come up with are small units for providing USB power. Would you please give us the charger part number?
Rick

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Here is the screen shot from Amazon for the charger. The box I used is a heavy duty unit I found laying around at work. It is heavy wall plastic. The cover is just a modified wall cover . Had to drill out the back for the wiring. Like I said before I haven't tried it charging or under a heavy load. Hope it holds up.

Attachments