Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: K53 Communications Van BOX found... (May 2018)

Thanks

Following.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,248 Times in 7,683 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USAFSS-ColdWarrior View Post
    Well, boys and girls, it's been a month and a half since the last post to this thread.

I finally have an update.

In a nutshell... They have agreed to let go of the K53 Communications Box!!!
    Details of the "deal" will be posted only after the mission is completed... and that may take a few months to do now also (Sigh) since they are going to be acquiring a storage building into which they will transfer all of the box's contents. We've agreed that there is "no rush", so our waiting continues.

I am confident that the patient approach is about to bear fruit. We'll now await its ripening on the vine before we pick it.

More to follow as it happens.

Stand by please.
    I posted that quoted statement back in SEPTEMBER of 2018 !

As of this date, May 7, 2019 we continue to be extraordinarily PATIENT.

The emotional attachment the family has to this box is waning to our benefit, but that cord is not yet completely frayed and still cannot be considered "severed". The good news today though is that they are beginning to clean the K53 Box of its plumbing tools and parts. An intel report from a friend who drives by it daily just provided that information. I know that timing and favorable weather factors have been the root delay. We are expecting a few VERY pleasant days coming up, most probably to be followed by some good ol' west Texas SUMMER WARMING trends. I know they don't want to work in any extreme heat.

Please continue to stand by for (HOPEFULLY) good news in the near future.

Oh, and if you wanna do some praying, that can't hurt any at all.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to USAFSS-ColdWarrior For This Useful Post:

Cali Chris (07-22-2019), firefox (05-07-2019), gentrysgarage (05-08-2019), M813rc (05-08-2019), marchplumber (05-07-2019), SCSG-G4 (05-08-2019), Terracoma (05-07-2019), Tracer (05-07-2019), Wolfen (05-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,122 Times in 5,932 Posts

Stumbled on this while searching for something else:

- Any updates, Chappie?!
    M35A2 w/Winch SOLD

Thanks
    Thanked 22,248 Times in 7,683 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Another Ahab View Post
    Stumbled on this while searching for something else:

- Any updates, Chappie?!
    I feel like i'm a broken record (younger folks won't understand that phrase) and am just repeating myself over and over.

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE !

For the time being, no news is good news.

On my side of this "patience equation", I will soon be entering a new season of my life.... Semi-Retirement..... And I'll be broadcasting more about that in a fresh thread.

Suffice it to say, as my work-a-day commitments taper off a bit my free time to schmooze with the folks who have this K53 Comm Van Box will be more favorable. It's not that they "want" the Box, it's that there are sentimental attachments that will need some more gently lovin' in order to get them to let it go.

I think we have all seen good vehicles literally rot in barns and fields because the owner just never would let it go. Eventually, the forces of nature take their toll with the onslaught of rust, wind, rain, hail, and sometimes even vandalism. And finally, what COULD have once been salvaged and restored becomes valueless even as scrap metal. I hope this Box does not suffer such a fate. We shall see.

I still trust that this collectible will indeed be preserved. It's just getting one heck of a story to tell.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to USAFSS-ColdWarrior For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (11-07-2019), firefox (11-07-2019), M813rc (11-08-2019), marchplumber (11-07-2019), SCSG-G4 (11-08-2019), Tracer (11-07-2019), Wolfen (11-07-2019)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6