• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally My Truck Is registered!!

Reaper651

Hey All,
Been a long time since I've posted. I'm VERY Happy to say that my 1971 G.P.D. Jeep Corp M35A2 Non Turbo Is Now Titled and Registered as a California Historical Vehicle. She now sits at my house with shiny new license plates and Im ready to start the R&R. This is my last project before i move to America so I cant wait to get started. Things I'm going to do are; all fluids change, Repack wheel bearings, new seals for all axles , new boots, new head gaskets(mine has the old pink ones with weepers), FDC Bypass, new coolant hoses, new air intake hoses and an air cutoff, new fuel lines and new fuel filter system, new air lines, new seat cushions(mine are wasted), fix the oil pressure, water temp and fuel level gages, get all the lights working, R&R the radiator, new fan belts and new tires to start.. Im going to try and find 11, 1100x20 NDT's to run for now. As for the brakes, Im replacing all wheel cylinders and brake lines. I want to get rid of the military brake booster and master cylinder and replace it with a hydro max brake booster with dual circuit master. Im researching into this quite a lot. Im really not a fan of the mil single circuit brakes. Ive noticed that my idle is now fluctuating about 150 to 200RPM when warm so I'm hoping its the FDC acting weird and not an injection pump going away. Going to be a lot of work and I'll probably die broke, but I'll have $2,000,000 worth of fun. I'll post updates and probably more questions as i go. You all have helped me out so much already since 2014 when i got this truck and I thank you all very much. Cant wait to drive this truck down the road. Haha I love my Jeep...

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the hand throttle so that your truck idles smoothly at 500-700 rpm. It will rattle and shake at 200 rpm driving you crazy!

Reaper651

It idles at 950rpm but will start raising and lowering rpm by around 150 to 200rpm. It will be at 950 then creep to 1050 to 1100 then back down to 950 then slowly drop to 800 then come back up. The throttle return spring is good to go. What do you think would do that? Im thinking either the ip or the fdc doing something odd? Ive been a deisel/tractor mechanic most of my life but these trucks and engines im still learning.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It idles at 950rpm but will start raising and lowering rpm by around 150 to 200rpm. It will be at 950 then creep to 1050 to 1100 then back down to 950 then slowly drop to 800 then come back up. The throttle return spring is good to go. What do you think would do that? Im thinking either the ip or the fdc doing something odd? Ive been a deisel/tractor mechanic most of my life but these trucks and engines im still learning.
It should idle at about 650-700 RPM.

Reaper651

I want to do the head gaskets too. mine has still has the pink ones with weepers. Also, #4 piston has a knock and there is a distinct single puff of compression entering the crank case. With the oil fill cap removed, its very noticeable. Im not getting any comression in the cooling system though. Im looking around at new style gaskets. Im thinking tnj murray but is there a better place? Maybe someone is making new ones but ive had no luck finding newly manufatcured.

Reaper651

Also I forgot to mention that when you let off the throttle, the rpm will drop almost to the point of cutting out then come back up to idle. Havent bypassed the fdc yet but im starting to think an IP rebuild is in my future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks