• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hardtop prices

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I decided I wanted a hardtop on the deuce & when i started looking around I bout fell in the floor. $1600+ everywhere I've looked! Wow! Thats got to be the single most expensive non mechanical part of the truck now. 8-10yrs ago the were under $500, guess i missed the boat. Even the soft tops are $400+ most places. Makes me wana go the tarp & bungee cord route

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I decided I wanted a hardtop on the deuce & when i started looking around I bout fell in the floor. $1600+ everywhere I've looked! Wow! Thats got to be the single most expensive non mechanical part of the truck now. 8-10yrs ago the were under $500, guess i missed the boat. Even the soft tops are $400+ most places. Makes me wana go the tarp & bungee cord route
C & C Equipment has new fiberglass tops for $750.
http://ccsurplus.com/store.htm

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fiberglass looks like a decent option. Anyone have experience with them? I wonder how the hold up compared to the steel.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a thread on here about a guy who built the cab by with new steel - it's my inspiration for a new cab. The hardtop I got now is pretty flimsy, no way it can support weight. I want it strong enough to support a person climbing on it.

Even if you can find a top in fiberglass, you'll have to drive to get it, shipping is horrendous.