• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to find a transmission line -

TroyHog

Can you guys point me in the right direction for replacing a transmission line on my 923a1? I believe it to be a return from the cooler up by the passenger front wheel. I am going to try and post pics. Thanks for the help.hose2IMG_7218.JPGhoseIMG_7219.JPG

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is just standard hydraulic line with #12 fittings. It is a parker line so any parker store can recrimp it with a splice if it has a hole in it and just union it together.

It is 3/4" hose 2500psi # 12 JIC females on both ends. Any hydraulic shop will carry it. It has a cotton jacket to protect against heat. Little more expensive but not required.

TroyHog

UPDATE: Thanks for the advice - local bearing company that deals with the loggers a lot around here was able to make me up a hose. Cost me $120 - but it did work. The 90 degree fittings were not as long as the originals - so I opted for a straight fitting on one end - it worked fine.

I do have another problem now though. One the way to the trucking place that is putting my digger derrick unit on - she started blowing engine oil out the side of the block - like a lot. Upon roadside inspection it looks like there is a flat plate or some kind of inspection cover maybe - right around where the dipstick tube comes into the block. I limped it in and shut it down - all is ok but I'm going to have to address it before I go back on the road.

Does anybody know what this is and what kind of surface seal it has?

Thanks again!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
UPDATE: Thanks for the advice - local bearing company that deals with the loggers a lot around here was able to make me up a hose. Cost me $120 - but it did work. The 90 degree fittings were not as long as the originals - so I opted for a straight fitting on one end - it worked fine.

I do have another problem now though. One the way to the trucking place that is putting my digger derrick unit on - she started blowing engine oil out the side of the block - like a lot. Upon roadside inspection it looks like there is a flat plate or some kind of inspection cover maybe - right around where the dipstick tube comes into the block. I limped it in and shut it down - all is ok but I'm going to have to address it before I go back on the road.

Does anybody know what this is and what kind of surface seal it has?

Thanks again!
You put the bolts back in it? Your transmission line had a clamp on it that held it there on that plate cover. Remove the 4 bolts and add permaxtex to it. But more than likely you left the bolt out or didn't tighten it down. I've done it before.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks