• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35A2 BUILD (I know there has to be thousands of these by now)

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason did most of the important work on my truck at Auction Plus in Liberty Hill TX, unfortunately he left the company to start JS Motors and Fab LLC. I would go to him for this kind of thing, the other guys who finished my rebuild are less then awesome lets say.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pioneer rack yes, they ran out of splah guards...... Yeah like I said the guy who started my restoration isn't the guy who finished it. Some things I am kinda upset about to say the least.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MRAP rims and tires are on the way, also got some adapter plates from Canada (best ones for the price) because I can't find ones on ePay or anywhere else.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got some LED bulbs for the dash, man oh man are they bright even in the day light. I will post some pictures tonight after the sun goes down.

[h=1]LUYED 360LM 3014 30-EX Chipsets Lens BA9S[/h]
Link on Amazon: [FONT=&quot]http://a.co/d/5GjMjyr[/FONT]

tobyS

Are your LED's 24 vdc? I have some manual dimmers and remote controls for the 24 vdc, if you need to tame your brightness down a bit.

I have some of the LED (green, red, white) strips that can be cut + the ends to make a series, like 4" or 8" pieces of LED strip with 30" of wire and another LED strip, so all of the gauges have some indirect lighting behind the dash and maybe some passenger lighting.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are your LED's 24 vdc? I have some manual dimmers and remote controls for the 24 vdc, if you need to tame your brightness down a bit.

I have some of the LED (green, red, white) strips that can be cut + the ends to make a series, like 4" or 8" pieces of LED strip with 30" of wire and another LED strip, so all of the gauges have some indirect lighting behind the dash and maybe some passenger lighting.
They are 12/24 VDC, I am sticking with white lite and using the red lenses covers for the dash lights. I will probably change the rest of the indicator lights (brights, air etc) to LED if these look good but its kinda pointless to make those brighter.

tobyS

Got it, they are bulbs that go in sockets.

That's a different animal than the strips, which can be made dimmer by the use of a PWM "dimmer".

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20180823_190229.jpg

Here is my new worry, the wires to the cannon plug on the turn signal are beyond gone. Anyone ever rewire a plug? I really really don't want to buy a new front wiring harness.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Impressive! Good luck with the troop seats and such! Spent a bit of time in Killeen, Harker Heights, Coppers Cove.......etc etc...................

"First Team"

Thanks for sharing the build with us!! Sorry about you losing your "guy" on the rebuild. Munchkin is a cutey! LOL

59apache

Chipmaker
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks