• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who's driving in a Parade on the 4th?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi B3.3T - I just updated the post for the Edgewood KY July 4 parade. Edgewood is in Northern KY, part of the Cincinnati metro area. The parade is in the morning, maybe you can make it since you are in SW Ohio.

Amer-team

Centralia WA, parade at 1600. Display in the park starting at 0900. See the events for more detail. This should be around 20-22 years at this event for us.

elsasser7122

We are going to the Sterling, Ks parade on July 4th. Parade at 14:00 hrs. with a military class. Will be taking the M274A1 mule and the M151 Jeep.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This year we will try to make it to 3 parades.

Union Grove WI if they move us back to the front of the parade it will be a go. Last year we pulled out after the NEW event planner moved us back into the middle of the parade so if we stayed we would of missed the next town parade.

Waterford WI. is a must because its the hometown of one of the drivers.

Raymond WI. This is a great small town parade that really packs them in on the street.

Should be a full day and all of the maintenance has been completed on three trucks. 2 M37s & 1 M1009

Bert

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll probably take my M42 to the Carnation, WA Parade. The American Legion always has a hard time getting vehicles because it is rural and it is fairly short (only a few blocks), which is fine with me. Lots of little kids, and great people which make it well worth it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We (MVCSC) will be leaving the compound at 0700 headed to the Gilbert, SC Peach Festival parade with the MK48 USMC wrecker, two deuces, a mechanical mule, a HMMWV, an M-37 and several jeeps (depending on the number of drivers available).

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great participation!

Hey, if any of y'all have started threads about the parades you'll be in please post a link here so we can follow your AAR's (After Action Reports).

OR - Simply post your AAR (with pics of course) right here in this thread.

THANKS !

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great participation!

Hey, if any of y'all have started threads about the parades you'll be in please post a link here so we can follow your AAR's (After Action Reports).

OR - Simply post your AAR (with pics of course) right here in this thread.

THANKS !

I won't be taking still pictures, but will have the entire parade route filmed with two dashcam cameras pointed forward at a 45 degree angle.
They sit in a foam device tied onto the center window post of the deuce. All in all, it will probably be about 4GB of movies.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Provided no mechanical issues (about 3-4 more engine starts by my calculations), I'll be in the Kaysville, UT Independence Day parade that starts Independence Day at 10am. This will be my 8th year. I have my front bumper banner planned and will update my running thread with the results!

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?141749-Honoring-The-Lord-and-Nation

(The parade used to start at 11 am, so I'm very glad they're starting an hour earlier so it'll be a bit cooler, but I hope the vets that show up to ride with me get the memo, as I don't have any of their contact info. Praying for the best.)

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't be taking still pictures, but will have the entire parade route filmed with two dashcam cameras pointed forward at a 45 degree angle.
They sit in a foam device tied onto the center window post of the deuce. All in all, it will probably be about 4GB of movies.
That's awesome!
It's a great way to preserve the memories of the occasion.

Will you upload them to YouTube for sharing?

joel

I'll be in the parade in Sioux Falls,SD, with a m274A5, m151A2 or M151 if my brother will do it.Always get applause, crowd standing at various points of the route.Last fall, the mule sprung a gas leak at the end so I pushed it by feet a mile or to my trailer.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHY Fireworks on the Fourth of July???

I thought that this was as good a place as any to post this quote from a recent article.....

"On July 3, 1776, a day before the final version of the Declaration of Independence was signed, John Adams wrote his wife a letter expressing his vision of the festivities, according to TIME.

“I am apt to believe that [Independence Day] will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival,” he wrote. “It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.”

The first July 4th celebration happened in the midst of the Revolutionary War as a “morale booster” and it sparked tradition for years to come."

So there you have it, Troops!

By ORDER of our Founding Fathers....

CELEBRATE ! ! !

izzug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the Dunwoody GA 4th of July Parade at 9:00, 2500 in the parade and 32K watching it..... M1078 with M1082 in tow.
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks