• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECU battery replacement and software backups?

coachgeo

So not to hijack someone else's thread on different topic, decided to open a new one.

I'd like to get my hands on a "bad" ECU with a dead battery. I think this is the replacement battery here. You would need to get a copy of the software before the battery went dead. I believe this can be done. With the amount of A1 with 3216s I think this may have some merit.

View attachment 733618

coachgeo

I'd like to get my hands on a "bad" ECU with a dead battery. I think this is the replacement battery here. You would need to get a copy of the software before the battery went dead. I believe this can be done. With the amount of A1 with 3216s I think this may have some merit. ...
copy of the software ..... may be bigger problem than finding a potential battery replacement? How would one go about making a "backup" of their own ECU? How would one go about reinstalling it back to their own ECU if needed? Just thinking "backup" of one's own ecu may be less of a legal issue as long as they do not distribute it to others.

The ECU's are programable to a degree like the TCU's correct?

If someone here has the ability...... maybe the can make a little $$$ on the side for providing this service? Maybe even providing backup space on server and/or hard drive and cloud, a copy of different folks ECU's ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I know of 2 members here that have the software on a usb stick drive for reprogramming them. The one I dunno him personally. The other, well he just doesn't have much time while hes camping all over the countryside.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may also be able to add a battery in parallel temporarily, like jump starting a car, to power the ECU while you remove and replace the internal battery.