• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC 52 What engine do I have?

thebernice

Hi everybody, this is my first time around here. I'm restoring a WC 52 I bought from a gentleman in California and it's pretty much my first dive into the mechanical world. I know almost nothing about the truck other than it's a 1942 build (still has small diameter diff in front), it has a Navy ID plate on it, it has had a Marine paint job at one point, and it was used and abused as a logging truck for many years. It came to me with problems with its fuel system, exhaust system, and non-functional hydraulic brakes. I've been rebuilding it slowly under the assumption the engine was original but I made a discovery tonight that now makes me think I'm wrong about that. After having issues with her first start up test I've been examining the engine closely and I sound the serial number on the engine might from a later Dodge.

Can anyone help me identify what I have here? The engine serial number reads: D34-I94924 (I think). I'll include some photos below. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Engine Serial Number:
20180713_234817.jpg

Body Tag
20180713_234806.jpg

The whole thing
20160812_200410.jpg

68t

Well its a great looking wc52 so keep up the good work. Also try g503 website there a lot of ww2 mv folks over there too. I have found a lot of ww2 parts on both these websites. I got three halftracks and other ww2 vehicles and stuff.:driver: