• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1079 12v power????

GARRETTH11

im wiring in new head lights and some other lights on a m1079 lmtv [coms truck] is there anywhere you know of that has 12v power other then by isolating batterys

sandcobra164

The newer ones have a convenience outlet on the passenger side dash. One issue I see in the National Guard is people plugging their phones up to the outlet when the truck is parked for a few days. I'm sad to say that a smart phone can kill an LMTV within a few days of not running the truck. I disconnect the plug if I check the batteries and one pair is below 12 but the other two are sitting at 12.5 or higher. I brief it everytime we go to the field. If you plug something into the outlet, you better be running the truck. I learned that trick from the motorpool aboard Camp Ripley Minnesota. We did a rotation there and every LMTV that we drew from the equipment pool had the outlet disabled.