• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Special Commendation to 98G

71DeuceAK

I cannot tell you how many times John/98G has helped me.

Yesterday his texting pointers and items to check resulted in me making smoke and noise on an M813A1 dump conversion (not mine, a friend's I volunteered to work on) that had been sitting. Not only that, he even texted me later in the day to check I had indeed gotten it going without any issues.

Not just this. For a year and a half he's been the one I text whenever I have some sort of question, problem, etc. Stand-up, top-notch guy. I'm in debt to him without a doubt for all his mentoring.

I'm sure there are many threads like this one but here's my contribution nevertheless.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John's a good man, and a man of his word. Not easy to find one like him these days.

KE5AFU

Another big thanks for all the help I've received from John, he made the transition into the world of green much easier.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just stumbled on this thread.

I talked to him yesterday and he shared some extremely useful info. Something that could have cost me dearly, and gotten me in legal trouble.

Thanks counselor! I owe you one!

I always seem to be in debt to him for his knowledge and help. We do business, buy, sell, trade and hire him to pull a truck for me. Talk trucks and welding. He’s always available for a question. I count myself lucky to have him as a friend.

And knowing him, all this is probably embarrassing him.

It usually does with good humble men.

Thanks for everything John.

71DeuceAK

I've read so many posts like this other than even my own here. He is actually helping me with a couple other things as we speak. Great, top-notch guy.