• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lakewood WA m1078A1 retrieval

jps

Well, I've gone and done it now.

I just won an auction for an M1078 that I didn't expect to win, and now have to sort out how to retrieve this beast. Am in Seattle, so I can be onsite / help. What I'm not familiar with are pickup procedures, the trucks themselves (stupid, huh?) or other realities.

Any direction or assistance would be most helpful.

Thanks,

jmspswny

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would suggest you get it hauled home so you can learn about it as you go over it in the safety of your driveway. And, check out the manuals, which are available on this site. Good luck!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, If no experience..........best to have it safely delivered then do some searching around to find a "mentor" who can help you understand the vehicle. Safety FIRST! No body ever plans on accidentally dying, but people do it EVERY day. Easy to do with LARGE machinery. As mentioned above by BKubu, the manuals are a wonderful place to start!! Good luck, ENJOY the trk!! We like pics!! LOL Welcome aboard!! LOTS of great people here, TONS of information!! I suggest both! LOL

snowtrac nome

I did pick up on a non running rig Justin who is the yard supervisor there was a lot of help he let me do diagnostics and repair there and even had one of his guys pull the caging pins once I had it started. Justin is a top notch guy and will be a valued resource to you when doing the pickup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks