• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do i find this?

cucvrus

Do you just need that right upper bracket? That bolt should thread into the alternator it is an M10 x 1.5 bolt. But I have the bracket if that is what you need. Good deal too. Have any nice expired Hawaii license plates?

cucvrus

Aloha, i am looking for the part #14067724. If there is an alternate/aftermarket item that has been fabricated, LMK, please. Please see picture/attachment. Mahalo in advance.
I looked at your pictures again. You have a nut missing on the fan assembly and the fan is not seated squarely on the water pump shaft. You may be aware but I still wanted to mention it in case you were not. Why does the alternator have a nut and bolt? And do you have the spacer and long bolt for the bottom?

dom1986ck30

Aloha, yeah... the little fan connected to the alternator stripped off. Then it hit my main cooling fan. I had noticed the missing nut, but crap... the main fan? I am going to go check right now...

dom1986ck30

Yeah, cucvrus… the alternator fan spun off and hit the big fan, and then bent a couple blades. I can bend back or should I put a new one? Also, yes, a new nut for the fan that has (4), is necessary. I believe it is not out of square. I spun it around a few times... just took a hit while driving and got jammed up. I sent some picks. If you notice, there is a missing alternator fan and the belt got it good when tangled around fan center drive. I have posted some recent activity to my truck. I was about to pull the balancer yesterday when this I noticed. Explains the BANG on the last time I drove. I have plans to change the balancer and the pulley. Lower pulley, that is. The pulley has had a wobble. I tried to see if a Dorman would fix or go away rather... but no luck. In fact, it got worse. Dorman balancer bad after maybe 1,200 miles. I have checked the seals on the crankshaft.. not really any fluid. I took off the inspection plate, all good. I changed the flywheel around 2,500 miles ago. I had heard a crunching sound. I thought it was related to the crankshaft, with the pulley wobble and the unsatisfactory Dorman. So... Saturday I pulled the starter after I pulled the inspection plate. I am going to replace, since the teeth were kind of shot and this starter looks beat up. Test first,20180813_193859.jpg20180813_195918.jpg20180813_193908.jpg20180811_105228.jpg20180813_194235.jpg20180811_105219.jpg for the heck of it though. The washer inside the starter was funky. A new starter to body bracket and starter bolts as well are in the plan. -- All together, on this round of fun, 1) New Starter with bolts and bracket. 2) New Lower Pulley, (3 Groove). 3) New Harmonic Balancer. (FluidDampr)? (Another thread or another conversation, perhaps.) 4) New Alternator. (100 Amp?) What do you think? 5) And then finally... the start of this whole thread, a New Alternator RT Side Upper Bracket. Which is what brought me in contact with you. -- Check out the picks again and please comment on any and/or all. You have been profound on this site and are appreciated and respected by me. As for the license plate, no problem. It is yours... Let me know what you want for the Upper Bracket. Then lastly how you would like to receive payment, contact information... etc. (Not sure what is proper on this site.) -- LMK and have a great evening!!!

cucvrus

Is there really anything wrong with the upper right bracket? I mean if you had the rebuilt alternator in place and the upper adjustment ear of the alternator was threaded M10 X 1.5 and the bolt put in place why wouldn't it work? It appears fine unless it is broken somewhere I can't see. But on the balancer. I never had one go bad in over 23 years and when I rebuild engines I take the heads and the balancer to the machine shop and they say it is fine. I mean guys have 1957 Chevys and 1963 Corvettes that still have the same design balancers on the engines. But not my call. I keep them from core engines and HMMWV engines that I changed. Never needed one yet. And just a little to heavy for paper weights. The bottom pulley is clean I take it. I have seen a few with a wobble but unless the truck was wrecked none just bent from wear. let me know what you need. I will be here. Still mopping up from the flooding again. Have a Great Day.

dom1986ck30

Yeah, This whole endeavor started when I noticed a wobbly pulley. Probably the original. Ill take it off and examine. As for the rt side upper alternator bracket, in person would be more convincing. I look down the edges of both the upper and lower after the alternator is removed and sure enough, after closing one eye, I see a tweak. The upper bracket has an angle that also doesn't work for me with alignment to the rest of the spinning engine components.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks