• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector installation (nozzle direction)

fpchief

I took great care removing my injectors and marking what hole they came out of. Took them to the shop and they cleaned and tested them. Got them back and no more tape on them for what hole and the shop said it does not matter. My thing is doesn't it matter what direction the fuel is shot out of the injector? The TM says basically remove injector and to install, put a new gasket on it and install it and makes no reference as to how to orient the holes for the spray....

Any advice?

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the injectors are the same, and they'll only fit-up one way. Especially since you just got em tuned, shouldn't make any difference which goes where. I'd suggest you anneal the copper washers that seal them to the heads before reinstall (if you haven't bought new ones). Also, a 12 gauge shotgun bore mop works great for cleaning out the pockets the injectors slide down into, and remember that the torque spec should be in INCH pounds (some TM's have the spec listed in foot pounds, which will snap the hold-downs.) - MN

fpchief

All the injectors are the same, and they'll only fit-up one way. Especially since you just got em tuned, shouldn't make any difference which goes where. I'd suggest you anneal the copper washers that seal them to the heads before reinstall (if you haven't bought new ones). Also, a 12 gauge shotgun bore mop works great for cleaning out the pockets the injectors slide down into, and remember that the torque spec should be in INCH pounds (some TM's have the spec listed in foot pounds, which will snap the hold-downs.) - MN
Great info and thanks. I found I have a cracked return line T so I am dead in water till I find one of those.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

fpchief

IMG_20180906_074751_01.jpgIMG_20180906_074756_01.jpgWas busy installing the new injector lines and was attaching #6 to the nozzle and looked over and saw this...**** good way to fall backwards off the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks