• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DRASH (GETT) Modification Discussion

snowtrac nome

I don't know why every one cals single phase 220 proper single phase voltages is 120 and 240 you can have voltages as low as 110 and 220 because of voltage drops. I would still try to get as close to 240 as possible.

shawnshumvee

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but do you have the valve turned towards the aux fuel pump?

As an aside, where'd you get the fittings to make your connectors to the aux side of things?
The lever/vale in is the correct position. Not sure what you mean on your other question, but all I did was, stuck a hose on the male aux port on the Generator and the other of the house I stuck into some diesel fuel and then attempted to activate the pump via the front control panel and all it did was hum. so I quit.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lever/vale in is the correct position. Not sure what you mean on your other question, but all I did was, stuck a hose on the male aux port on the Generator and the other of the house I stuck into some diesel fuel and then attempted to activate the pump via the front control panel and all it did was hum. so I quit.
My suspicion is the pump activated properly, but there was no open path between the pump and the fuel so the pump was sucking against a closed system. For the aux side to work it's going to need both the supply and return ports open.

To test the pump, you could re-route your primary fuel hoses so that the aux pump pulls from the primary tank. This is pretty straightforward and easy to do.

shawnshumvee

My suspicion is the pump activated properly, but there was no open path between the pump and the fuel so the pump was sucking against a closed system. For the aux side to work it's going to need both the supply and return ports open.

To test the pump, you could re-route your primary fuel hoses so that the aux pump pulls from the primary tank. This is pretty straightforward and easy to do.
Got it. I will mess with some more.
Thanks.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not replaced one on these units but I have replaced them on other refrigeration units. You should be able to cross the compressor over to something readily available.

What info can you get from the data plate?

everything petrol

I've not replaced one on these units but I have replaced them on other refrigeration units. You should be able to cross the compressor over to something readily available.

What info can you get from the data plate?
This is what I'm working with- pics attached. I find similar units but they might have extra ports in different locations.

Attachments

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to Emmerson's website using the cross reference service, the replacement for that one is ZRD125KCE-TF5-950 .

I did a search and was able to find them in stock in the $3k range.

BRob18E

Why not spend some money on a 3 phase inverter that supports 100% unbalanced loads?

You give yourself emergency power backup with batteries and solar, and if need be, start the generator to charge the battery bank.

Money better spent. Run two legs of the inverter to your panel, or put a 3 phase panel in, reun your 3 phase power to your panel from your inverter, and problem solved. If you are worried about balanced power, separate your breakers amongst the breaker box to equal loads. Although the inverter will handle 100% unbalanced loads.

Watch some of my videos on YouTube. Offgridatlibertypoint.

I have a Drash 20KW and do that precise setup. Power my whole house off grid. Have the drash as backup. And also wired into the panel on position number 1 all my important loads (lights and fridge) and ran a 2000 watt generator to a breaker. If I need to save diesel for whatever upcoming disaster is heading our way from the FJB, then, IF... the sun hasn't been out in days, I can still charge my battery bank at 2000 watts which is 1 gallon for 24 hours, or turn on the big dog (drash) which is almost a gallon an hour.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks