• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-005 military generator no power

emcs2k

I have a military generator mep-005 30KW with no power output. it produces power when the start switch is held on but as soon as it is released the power goes off. I have held it on for over a minute with no luck. any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS. Is this a new generator to you, or has this machine made power in the past, and now it doesnt? Do you have the manuals? Have you done any troubleshooting using them?

emcs2k

the only thing I have found so far is there is a metal box in the cabinet doors to the right of the control panel that has a burnt transformer. not sure what it is for but its likely the problem or at least a symptom of the problem. do you happen to know what it is and where I can get another one? as for manuals I do not have a manual but would also like one if it is available.

jamawieb

Probably the T2 transformer inside the static excitor / voltage regulator. I just had the same problem on my 005a. Delk's and Oshkosh want $600 + for the box plus a $200 core. I'm trying to retrofit a unit with a newer V/R to replace the entire box. I'm having a problem with the field exciter. I can get it to excite the field with the original box and holding the start switch to start but I can't get it to excite the field with the updated version. The updated version is a self exciting V/R so I'm still trying to diagnose the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks