• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from East TN

DerekM

Finally time to become a member here, although I have read a lot of good info over the past couple of years on here though.
Ran across a deal I couldn't pass up on two 1971 M35a2 and a crated/sealed new spare motor.

Have a couple of questions though:
What's the biggest turbo i can out on?
How much more power can I add?
Whats the biggest tire I can fit?
What can I do to get this going around 70 to 80 mph?

Just kidding.

-DerekM

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Your brake system on a deuce would need to be upgraded before ever going over 50 really. That is a major safety issue on the m35s. 395/85/20 tires and combat wheels with adapter plates will gain you some speed. But brakes to stop it once it gets going.

Turbo wise a D turbo would be best suited. A C turbo if you want the whistle. I have a 4LHR 350hp turbo in Memphis but it would kill that deuce

DerekM

Your brake system on a deuce would need to be upgraded before ever going over 50 really. That is a major safety issue on the m35s. 395/85/20 tires and combat wheels with adapter plates will gain you some speed. But brakes to stop it once it gets going.

Turbo wise a D turbo would be best suited. A C turbo if you want the whistle. I have a 4LHR 350hp turbo in Memphis but it would kill that deuce

I was just kidding about all those questions. Noticed how a lot of new members and owner of these trucks have crazy ideas on what they want out of these trucks.

Also, I gave myself a good laugh, I put east TN in the subject but I am really in west TN. We live about 15 minutes north of memphis.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was just kidding about all those questions. Noticed how a lot of new members and owner of these trucks have crazy ideas on what they want out of these trucks.

Also, I gave myself a good laugh, I put east TN in the subject but I am really in west TN. We live about 15 minutes north of memphis.
Well unfortunately I am that person that does crazy. My 5 ton is highly modified. Would run 85mph at one point easily. Now it just hauls. 2000 or more miles a week. Nothing is out of the question on any truck.

DerekM

Well, I have wanted a deuce since I was a little kid and ran across this 2 for 1 deal so I couldn't pass it up. Both were fire department trucks and in great shape, although one doesn't have a bed. I figure at some point down the road the one with the bed is getting a dump kit put on it, since that was the "reasoning" I was wanting the truck. And I think with the one that doesn't have a bed, if I don't sell it, I am going to shorten and single axle it so the wife will have an easier time driving it.
Time will tell, still just excited about finally having a deuce.

71DeuceAK

Welcome! I myself almost bought a '68 M35A2 as my first vehicle project. It didn't happen but I later went out and bought an M928A1, also an ex fire truck.