• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24volt circuit in CUCV fuse block

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some one posted this a while ago but I lost the link to the poster.

Default CUCV Fuse Box Layout

There are some errors in the TM diagram for the CUCV fusebox.

I will attempt to point them out as I find them

Here is a "clean" fuse box with all the proper fuses and labels

ITEM

2 - Hazard Flasher

3 - not used except for the M1010. The M1010 uses it for Ambulance Accessories

4 - no such fuse the diagram is wrong

5 - 20amp Heater Fuse - Controls the heater. Also controls the GEN1 idiot light, 4x4 light and the Oil Pressure light

6 - 10amp Stop - Controls the regular stop lights and the Blackout stoplights

7 - 30amp Headlight - Controls the headlights and also feeds the stoplight, xxxx lights

8 - 25amp Wipers - Controls the wipers and washer pump - Only fuse that is hot with the key in the ACC position

9 - Flasher - turn signal flashers

10 - not used except for the M1010. The M1010 uses it for the Gas Particulate system.

11 - 15amp Horn

12 - 10amp 24v - Controls the GEN2 light, 24v sides of the GEN2 relay and the voltmeter

13 - 5amp Instrument Lights - Controls the lights for the instrument cluster, heater switch and voltmeter

14 - 30amp Flasher - Controls the hazard and turn signal flashers and the backup lights

15 - 20amp Ignition - Controls 12v side of the Voltmeter and GEN2 relay, transmission kickdown, low coolant and water in fuel light

16 - 20amp Tail Light/Courtesy Lamp - Controls the park lights and the underdash courtesy lamps

17 - 20amp Engine Control - Controls the sealtbelt buzzer, dash lights for the tempeture, low coolant, brake and water-in-fuel. This fuse also supply's power to the GP controller via circuit 39G (diagram E-7)

18 - 5amp Blackout - Controls the B/O markers and B/O headlightFuse Box Diagram-2.jpg

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is in response to woody127s statement below.

Firefox:
don't think so since according to manual, the fuse box(under dash) is 12 volt only. Again the radio will come on, but no sound. It finds the strong radio signals, so I'm not sure why.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog posted the info. The picture of the fuse box is from my M1009.

Fuse #12 is 24 volts and is labeled so on the fuse box.

It sounds as if the radio in question, lost its audio output amp. The RF portion seems to be functioning based on the signal strength indication.
But I am not a car stereo expert by any means.

JR50

Thanks for posting this, my M1009 has no lights whatsoever. My Fuse box is partially melted, and I'm looking to rewire the whole thing.

dependable

Thanks for posting this, my M1009 has no lights whatsoever. My Fuse box is partially melted, and I'm looking to rewire the whole thing.
Your best bet may be a wire harness transplant from a junked or parted out CUCV, 1009, 1008 and 1028 have essentially the same harness. It is not difficult, much easier than making custom harness.

cucvrus

Let me know if I can be of assistance in your search. I have a few donor vehicles. They will need removed from the vehicle. Engine harness and under dash harness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks