• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Return Line Fittings

Jestertac

My local hydraulic shop can't seem to get the proper (T) fittings and 90 elbows to replace the injector drip line hardware. They told me the fittings were 7/16 x 24 and they don't carry any for DOT airline. I took some of them off to get the proper sizing and crushed them in the process--so cannot reuse them. From looking at the pictures in the sticky, I think they were mistaken on their measurements, but They are closed until Monday so I was hoping for an off the top of the head correction. The online picture shows the hole in the top of the injector as 1/8th inch so I don't know why they can't get me another T fitting that the male DOT airline fittings will screw in to. If I have to, I can go back to the stock line by using the HD flare listed in the sticky, but I saw another thread where the OP stated most of his flares were badly sized. I would prefer to use DOT airline since the rest is done that way and also avoid getting a bad batch of flare fittings.

Any help would be really appreciated, I've spent hours searching the forums and online. Unfortunately I can't find part numbers or specifications to duplicate some of the work I have seen.

Thanks a billion guys. I'm looking for the injector pump oil lines and fitting also if you happen to know what those specs are. I could use crimped hydraulic lines or JIC if available for the oil lines.

Last edited:

rustystud

My local hydraulic shop can't seem to get the proper (T) fittings and 90 elbows to replace the injector drip line hardware. They told me the fittings were 7/16 x 24 NPT and they don't carry any for DOT airline. I took some of them off to get the proper sizing and crushed them in the process--so cannot reuse them. From looking at the pictures in the sticky, I think they were mistaken on their measurements, but They are closed until Monday so I was hoping for an off the top of the head correction. The online picture shows the hole in the top of the injector as 1/8th inch so I don't know why they can't get me another T fitting that the male DOT airline fittings will screw in to.

Any help would be really appreciated, I've spent hours searching the forums and online. Unfortunately I can't find part numbers or specifications to duplicate some of the work I have seen.

Thanks a billion guys. I'm looking for the injector pump oil lines and fitting also if you happen to know what those specs are. I could use crimped hydraulic lines or JIC if available for the oil lines.
Your referring to the fuel return lines ? The factory "crush" sleeves can be bought from any "Parker" hydraulics store. I had a thread a few years ago telling about them. Sorry I cannot remember where it is now. It should be under "injection fuel return lines" though.

Jestertac

Yeah I saw your post with the part numbers (Parker Hannifin 3501E). Unfortunately the person at the hydraulic shop was new. She couldn't find the parts in the Parker Hannifin book that I needed. I think my ignorance about threads in general and her newness contributed to the end result...

Specifically I was looking for new T fittings (and 90's) to screw into the injectors (and Injector Pump) so I could use DOT airline instead of the original fuel tubing. Frustrating stuff, I don't think she understood that even though I explained several times. Thanks Rusty, I'll head back there on Monday morning for round two.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
First off, none of the fittings NEED changed to use dot air line.

Second, i may have some of the fittings for the injectors. Pm me a list of what you need and an addy.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regular plumbing crush sleeves from the hardware store work for me, using DOT air line; the sleeve needs to be held flat to the bench grinder for a second on either side because otherwise the sleeve is a tad to wide for the threads of the nut to engage.

As for the IP oil lines: I took the old ones to a competent heavy truck/hydraulic shop and they simply made new lines, re-using one fitting (I think the swivel one) and replacing the other.

Last edited:

Jestertac

Appreciate the replies!

I saw the picture of the fittings earlier, which helped me understand how the hydraulic shop got confused. I'll try to get there tomorrow morning and get it sorted out. I have a crapload of fittings for DOT airline, so I will try to replace the T and 90 fittings so I can screw them in directly.

I will report back when I have more information to help future searches.

Jestertac

To finish the injector drip lines, I used 1/8 NPT brass T fittings with (2) female ends--along with male threads to screw directly into the injector. The DOT airline compression fittings I used are 1/8 NPT; they screw into both ends of the T fittings after it is installed in the top of the injector.

Hope that helps if anyone is thread ignorant like myself. JIC, NPT, SAE, Metric, Compression...etc.

Not sure if I can link, but I found this to be useful: http://blog.parker.com/four-easy-steps-to-identify-hydraulic-threads

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks